29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
24 February 2006
The heads of three of the United Nations largest humanitarian agencies are embarking on their first joint mission to visit their common operations.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
3 February 2006
The heads of three of the largest UN humanitarian agencies urge the international community to match political progress in the Great Lakes region with a new commitment to end the suffering of the millions of people forgotten by the rest of the world.
14 September 2005
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
25 February 2005
Kigali WFP warns that it will have to cut rations by 30 percent in early March for 50,000 Burundian and Congolese refugees in Rwanda unless donors step forward with US$2.6 million.
16 June 2004
Bujumbura WFP is feeding thousands of refugees who have crossed into Burundi and Rwanda from the Democratic Republic of Congo to escape violence that temporarily paralysed WFP\'s aid operations in much of eastern DRC.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 7 November 2012 WFP Provides Food To Congolese Refugees In Rwanda
- 3 August 2012 From the front line of the emergency in Eastern Congo