18 January 2011
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran kept a promise she made to WFP-supported Rilima health centre last July by giving two cows worth 1,360,000 Frw to help reduce malnutrition among poor communities in the area.
19 October 2010
The World Food Programme has purchased food worth some 350 million Rwandan francs (almost US$600,000) through its Purchase for Progress (P4P) initiative in Rwanda.
2 August 2010
A scheme to build terraced farms in the fertile hills of Cyungo has transformed the area into a local breadbasket. During her recent visit, WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran said the project marked an important breakthrough in the fight against hunger in one of the poorest regions in the world.
2 May 2008
FEED Projects, a socially minded business with hopes of feeding the world, and Whole Foods Market, the leading natural and organic foods supermarket, announced today the new FEED 100 reusable shopping bag is available exclusively at Whole Foods Market stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom on May 1st.
19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
16 December 2005
WFP welcomes an aid package totalling JPY 940 million (US$7.9 million) from the Japanese Government to assist millions of people affected by conflict and natural disasters in a total of five countries in Africa.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Rwanda PRRO 200744 Food and Nutrition Assistance To Refugees and Returnees: A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- WFP Burundi Crisis Regional Impact Situation Report #15, 30 September 2015
- El Niño - Implications and Scenarios for 2015, September 2015
- WFP Burundi Crisis Regional Impact Situation Report #14, 16 September 2015
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 20 August 2014 Giving Refugees In Rwanda The Power Of Choice
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women