27 February 2014
A groundbreaking new study has revealed that the effects of hunger and undernutrition in Rwanda cost the country US$820 million (504 billion Rwanda francs) annually -- the equivalent of 11.5 percent of its annual GDP.
19 February 2014
As part of its commitments to enhance food security, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has introduced cash transfers to feed the 14,500 refugees in Gihembe refugee camp in northern Rwanda.
30 October 2013
As the world’s largest humanitarian agency, the WFP uses its procurement needs to boost agriculture in developing nations through its Purchase for Progress (P4P) programmes. Rwanda has taken this initiative a step further by working with WFP to build a national strategy to facilitate government procurement needs, known as Common P4P (CP4P).
27 September 2013
“Together, we can end world hunger” -- that's the new message from Yum! Brands and pop-singing sensation Christina Aguilera, to help raise money for the World Food Programme during Yum!’s World Hunger Relief campaign.
13 March 2013
The report indicates that four percent have poor food consumption scores in Rwanda, which represents an extremely insufficient and unbalanced diet. However, these figures show clear improvement compared to the last two surveys carried out in 2006 and 2009.
16 August 2012
Officials from the Brazilian Government and the Centre of Excellence Against Hunger are exploring ways to help Rwanda design its national school meals programme.
26 July 2012
In Rwanda, refugees fleeing violence in eastern DR Congo receive assistance from the World Food Programme
1 June 2012
The World Food Programme (WFP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, declaring its intention to purchase 20,000 mt of maize and 10,000 mt of beans locally.
15 May 2012
Fighting in eastern DR Congo forced close to 20,000 people to flee their homes to Rwanda in recent weeks and others are still coming.
5 March 2012
A donation from the Federal Republic of Germany has enabled WFP to purchase vital food commodities for Congolese refugees in three camps in Rwanda. The camps' children are particularly vulnerable to malnutrition.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 7 November 2012 WFP Provides Food To Congolese Refugees In Rwanda
- 3 August 2012 From the front line of the emergency in Eastern Congo