16 August 2012
Officials from the Brazilian Government and the Centre of Excellence Against Hunger are exploring ways to help Rwanda design its national school meals programme.
26 July 2012
In Rwanda, refugees fleeing violence in eastern DR Congo receive assistance from the World Food Programme
1 June 2012
The World Food Programme (WFP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, declaring its intention to purchase 20,000 mt of maize and 10,000 mt of beans locally.
15 May 2012
Fighting in eastern DR Congo forced close to 20,000 people to flee their homes to Rwanda in recent weeks and others are still coming.
5 March 2012
A donation from the Federal Republic of Germany has enabled WFP to purchase vital food commodities for Congolese refugees in three camps in Rwanda. The camps' children are particularly vulnerable to malnutrition.
25 March 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) together with the Rwanda’s Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) recently organised the first ever Commodity Trade Fair to enhance market opportunities for smallholder farmers in Kigali.
18 January 2011
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran kept a promise she made to WFP-supported Rilima health centre last July by giving two cows worth 1,360,000 Frw to help reduce malnutrition among poor communities in the area.
19 October 2010
The World Food Programme has purchased food worth some 350 million Rwandan francs (almost US$600,000) through its Purchase for Progress (P4P) initiative in Rwanda.
2 August 2010
A scheme to build terraced farms in the fertile hills of Cyungo has transformed the area into a local breadbasket. During her recent visit, WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran said the project marked an important breakthrough in the fight against hunger in one of the poorest regions in the world.
2 May 2008
FEED Projects, a socially minded business with hopes of feeding the world, and Whole Foods Market, the leading natural and organic foods supermarket, announced today the new FEED 100 reusable shopping bag is available exclusively at Whole Foods Market stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom on May 1st.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 20 August 2014 Giving Refugees In Rwanda The Power Of Choice
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women