3 October 2014
DAKAR/GENEVA – As of today, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has provided food assistance to more than 430,000 people affected by the Ebola crisis in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. In support of a unified response under the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER), WFP is ramping up services to the whole humanitarian effort.
6 March 2014
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of US$1 million from the Sultanate of Oman to support food assistance programmes that will benefit people suffering the effects of drought and conflict in West Africa.
17 May 2012
DAKAR – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is launching a distribution of cash vouchers in the town of Bignona, in the Ziguinchor region, tomorrow, for people hit by poor harvests and high food prices.
21 February 2012
The Government is Brazil is providing $2 375 000 for a new local food purchase programme to be set up by FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) to benefit farmers and vulnerable populations in five African countries – Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger and Senegal.
19 September 2011
The World Food Programme and the United States Agency for International Development join together with Oxfam America and Swiss Re in a public private partnership to help the rural poor to protect their crops and livelihoods from climate variability.
2 February 2009
29 July 2008
WFP is expanding operations in West Africa to feed an additional 1.4 million people hard hit by high food prices in Guinea, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
19 September 2006
WFP has welcomed a cash donation of US$10 million from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to its operations in West Africa, where many of the poorest people in the world are living under trying conditions.
- La crise alimentaire 2011/2012 à Ziguinchor au Sénégal - Le coq chante sur RFI Source: RFI
- Le coq chante sur RFI - la digue anti sel de Fayil Source: RFI
- Le champ communautaire de l'école de Keur Mandongo au Sénégal Source: RFI
- Rising temperatures devastating Africa’s small farmers Source: The Irish Times
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Impact of West Africa Ebola Outbreak on Food Security and Staple Food Prices
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Senegal CP 200249: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of reference.
- 29 November 2013 Senegal: Cash Through Phone Scheme Offers Hungry More Choice