11 April 2013
Years of deforestation have left communities like Kaymor prey to floodwaters which wash away the top soil, carving canyons and ravines through the middle of villages. With the help of food assistance, residents are learning how to slow down the flow with barriers that protect the top soil and their homes.
8 April 2013
21 November 2012
The Government of Senegal has recently donated 1.5 billion CFA (3 million USD) to reach those affected by the food and nutrition crisis who are not currently receiving WFP food assistance.
19 October 2012
Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Minister of International Cooperation, Mr. Fantino paid a visit to Senegal where they were briefed on our operations by WFP’s Regional Director, Thomas Yanga.
8 August 2012
29 June 2012
For the third time in a decade, drought in the Sahel region of Africa is threatening millions of people with hunger. But how do people survive in these situations and what are we doing to help them? Here are the answers to eight questions about the current hunger crisis in the Sahel and WFP's response to it.
5 June 2012
In mid-May, WFP launched its restocking of cereal banks in Senegal as part of the response to the Sahel food crisis. The launch took place in the commune of Nétéboulou in the central region of Tambacounda.
23 May 2012
WFP has launched an emergency operation to deliver life-saving food assistance to thousands of people fleeing conflict in Mali. As refugees stream into areas already strained by drought in the Sahel, it's imperative to reach them with assistance in time for the summer Hunger Season.
2 May 2012
At the end of April, WFP launched its food assistance activities in Oukout in the Ziguinchor region of Senegal. In total, WFP aims to assist over 800,000 people in Senegal this year as part of its response to the food crisis in the Sahel region.
22 March 2012
In early March, Toshinori Sato of Japan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries traveled to the Fatick region of central Senegal to visit the Projet Bas Fonds (PBF), a WFP supported project that helps communities reclaim unused land and increase agricultural production.
- La crise alimentaire 2011/2012 à Ziguinchor au Sénégal - Le coq chante sur RFI Source: RFI
- Le coq chante sur RFI - la digue anti sel de Fayil Source: RFI
- Le champ communautaire de l'école de Keur Mandongo au Sénégal Source: RFI
- Rising temperatures devastating Africa’s small farmers Source: The Irish Times
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Impact of West Africa Ebola Outbreak on Food Security and Staple Food Prices
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Senegal CP 200249: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of reference.
- 29 November 2013 Senegal: Cash Through Phone Scheme Offers Hungry More Choice