25 September 2008
WFP today welcomed the decision by Canada to extend its naval mission protecting ships carrying humanitarian aid to Somalia for a further month.
7 September 2008
Gunmen shot and killed a WFP-contracted truck driver in southern Somalia, the fourth driver delivering WFP food assistance killed this year, WFP said.
18 August 2008
The Executive Director of WFP has expressed shock and sadness today at the killing of one of the agency’s staff members in southern Somalia.
5 August 2008
The World Food Programme strongly condemned the killing of a WFP-contracted truck driver who was shot yesterday at a checkpoint in central Somalia.
18 July 2008
Attacks on aid workers on the ground and threats to ships delivering food aid to Somalia are jeopardising the lives of millions who now need urgent food assistance, WFP said.
15 July 2008
Gunmen killed an agent for a WFP-contracted transport company amid growing insecurity in southern and central Somalia, WFP said. He was the fifth staff member of a WFP-contracted trucking company killed in Somalia this year.
13 June 2008
Gunmen have shot and killed a WFP-contracted truck driver in southern Somalia, the WFP said today.
2 June 2008
The World Food Programme has announced that it was expanding its operation in Yemen to feed thousands more Somali refugees fleeing the conflict in their country.
27 March 2008
WFP has warned that Somalia is sinking deeper into an abyss of suffering with hundreds of thousands of women and children uprooted by fighting while a lack of security is preventing full humanitarian access to some areas.
2 February 2008
The World Food Programme today hailed the French navy for protecting WFP food ships from pirate attacks in Somalia, and thanked Denmark for taking over the operation to ensure critical escorts continue for the next two months.
- Joint appeal on Kenya refugee resourcing Source: Al Jazeera
- Aid reaches storm-ravaged Somali region Source: Al Jazeera
- UN Envoy:Somalia on verge of 'great things,' more international assistance needed to secure gains Source: UN News Centre
- PICTURES: Surviving camp life in Mogadishu Source: BBC News
- Somalia 'New Deal': EU pledge at Brussels conference Source: BBC News
- 3 December 2013 WFP Delivers Life-Saving Aid To Cyclone-Hit Puntland, Somalia
- 6 February 2013 WFP Food Assistance Returns To Kismayo