21 June 2006
The mobile phone bleeped twice in the London offices of WFP and shuddered briefly. A cancelled meeting? A free mobile upgrade? No. This time, an appeal, direct from a disaster zone in the Horn of Africa.
22 February 2006
As the drought affecting the Horn of Africa intensifies,WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Ireland of 2.5 million euros, nearly US$3 million, for WFP’s operations in the drought-hit Horn of Africa, where 6.25 million people are running out of food because of the failure of the last rains.
16 December 2005
WFP warns that the number of people needing food aid in Kenya would rise considerably from the current 1.1 million to possibly as many as 2.5 million because of the failure of the short rains in many eastern and northern districts of Kenya.
1 December 2005
- Somalia food crisis: 50,000 children 'at death's door' Source: The Guardian
- Joint appeal on Kenya refugee resourcing Source: Al Jazeera
- Aid reaches storm-ravaged Somali region Source: Al Jazeera
- UN Envoy:Somalia on verge of 'great things,' more international assistance needed to secure gains Source: UN News Centre
- PICTURES: Surviving camp life in Mogadishu Source: BBC News
- 3 December 2013 WFP Delivers Life-Saving Aid To Cyclone-Hit Puntland, Somalia