1 September 2006
With several of its refugee operations threatened by severe funding difficulties earlier this year, WFP has welcomed a cash donation of US$11.5 million from the US government’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
21 June 2006
The mobile phone bleeped twice in the London offices of WFP and shuddered briefly. A cancelled meeting? A free mobile upgrade? No. This time, an appeal, direct from a disaster zone in the Horn of Africa.
22 February 2006
As the drought affecting the Horn of Africa intensifies,WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Ireland of 2.5 million euros, nearly US$3 million, for WFP’s operations in the drought-hit Horn of Africa, where 6.25 million people are running out of food because of the failure of the last rains.
16 December 2005
WFP warns that the number of people needing food aid in Kenya would rise considerably from the current 1.1 million to possibly as many as 2.5 million because of the failure of the short rains in many eastern and northern districts of Kenya.
1 December 2005
- WFP: 1.6 Million in Need of Food Aid in Somalia Source: VOA News
- Somalia: UN Relief Official Cautions Against Complacency On Food Security Source: allAfrica
- As peace returns to Somali town, UN food relief agency resumes assistance Source: UN News Centre
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- UN: Millions in Somalia Need Aid Source: VOA News
- 6 February 2013 WFP Food Assistance Returns To Kismayo
- 16 October 2012 Somalia: Livestock Farmer Begins To Recover From Drought