GANYIEL – The villagers in Ganyiel, a small village surrounded by swampland in southern Unity State of South Sudan, have become accustomed to seeing planes airdrop bags of cereal and pulses but seeing vegetable oil falling from the sky was something new. This happened in May when the World Food Programme (WFP) carried out its first successful airdrop of vegetable oil.
- 28 May 2015 WFP Airdrops Vegetable Oil In South Sudan
- 27 March 2015 South Sudan Faces Hunger With Little Hope For Peace
- 22 December 2014 WFP Fights Malnutrition With Airdrops In South Sudan
- 10 November 2014 First Convoy Of Food Aid Safely Arrives In South Sudan Via Sudan
- 16 October 2014 Hungry Planet episode 38
- 1 October 2014 WFP Scales Up Its Emergency Response In South Sudan