Asunta Achok Madut, seated with child on her lap, shares a family meal. Photo Copyright WFP/Francis Wani
Since South Sudan gained independence in 2011, thousands of its people have returned from Sudan to their homeland. The World FoodProgramme is easing these families’ reintegration by providing food assistance and cash transfers.
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)
- 13 December 2012 WFP and Renault Trucks Together on a Road Trip
- 14 September 2012 Food Falls From The Sky In South Sudan Air Drop
- 7 September 2012 South Sudan Air Drop In Action
- 20 August 2012 South Sudan Food Airdrops (For The Media)
- 17 August 2012 Air Drops In South Sudan Reach Refugees With Food
- 17 August 2012 "We're Helping Families In South Sudan Feed Their Children"
- 2 December 2013 Monica's Story: How WFP Food Helped Me Fight HIV
- 7 October 2013 In South Sudan, Cash Transfers Offer Returnees Dignity And Choice
- 9 September 2013 Braving Danger To Bring Joy In South Sudan (Staff Interviews)