6 October 2011
Construction of two new roads linking local farmers to markets has been inaugurated this week in Lakes State as part of a three-year partnership between the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the South Sudan Ministry of Transport to build a total of 500 km of feeder roads to help boost agriculture development in the newly independent country.
17 June 2011
It is the height of the hunger season in Sudan and the violence that has engulfed South Kordofan is hindering WFP’s efforts to reach hundreds of thousands of people in need of food assistance. As the security situation in South Kordofan state deteriorates, I would like to echo the UN Secretary General’s deep concern about the escalation in the conflict.
24 April 2011
ROME -- It is with profound sadness that the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today confirmed the death of one of its staff members in a fatal attack in Southern Sudan.
- Food fears for tens of thousands in Jonglei Source: IRIN News
- UN humanitarian chief calls for access to civilians trapped by fighting in South Sudan Source: Global Times (China)
- Two years on, South Sudan still faces major challenges Source: IRIN News
- Hunger drives hunt for gold in South Sudan's east Source: The Guardian
- NGO Puts South Sudanese to Work for Food Source: VOA News
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)