3 January 2009
The UN emergency food programme has begun distributing bread to families caught up in an "appalling" humanitarian situation in Gaza, the agency said Friday. "The current situation in Gaza is appalling, and many basic food items are no longer available on the market," the World Food Programme's representative in the occupied Palestinian territory, Christine van Nieuwenhuyse, said in a statement.
3 January 2009
According to Christine VanNieuwenhuyse, WFP representative for oPt, the situation in Gaza is disastrous and many basic foods are no longer available.
2 January 2009
After six days of Israeli bombardment, aid agencies say that Gazans are facing a humanitarian crisis with air strikes causing severe problems in getting food, medicine and fuel supplies to the besieged civilian population.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza
- 24 July 2013 WFP Assistance To Poorest Palestinians In West Bank