21 November 2013
RAMALLAH – The Government of Japan today renewed its commitment to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), contributing US$3.4 million (JPY 340 million) in support of the most vulnerable, food-insecure Palestinians in the West Bank.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
21 June 2013
JERICHO – Two United Nations agency heads today expressed concern at deteriorating food security in the West Bank and Gaza where one in three Palestinian households now struggle to feed their families.
18 June 2013
JERUSALEM – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will be in Israel and the State of Palestine this week to attend a conference and visit WFP operations.
19 September 2012
JERUSALEM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is transporting more than one million date bars produced in the Gaza Strip to the West Bank; the second batch of locally produced school snacks to be sent by WFP from the impoverished strip.
5 March 2012
KEREM SHALOM - Pallets of fortified date bars have left Gaza today, crossing Kerem Shalom to be transferred to the West Bank by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). This is the first batch of a total of 140 tons of locally-produced date bars (or 19 truckloads) that will be used in WFP's school feeding distributions in the West Bank.
2 April 2009
5 February 2009
Since the resurgence of conflict in Gaza on 27 December, WFP has distributed two month rations of food to more than 220,000 people.
22 January 2009
As part of its Operation Lifeline Gaza, WFP has begun distributing nutritious date bars and high energy biscuits (HEBs) to thousands of displaced people in Gaza City.
16 January 2009
WFP has so far distributed two-month and three-month rations to more than 137,000 people from its regular caseload of 265,000 of the non-refugee population of Gaza since the latest conflict broke out on 27 December.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza
- 24 July 2013 WFP Assistance To Poorest Palestinians In West Bank