1 August 2014
GAZA – Four weeks into the conflict in Gaza, the humanitarian situation is rapidly deteriorating and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is responding to increased needs by stepping up provision of emergency food and other assistance.
23 July 2014
GAZA – Two weeks of escalated violence have left more than 115,000 people in the Gaza Strip in urgent need of food assistance. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has already reached over 100,000 with emergency food rations since the crisis started but is running low on ready-to-eat food stocks as needs continue to increase.
17 July 2014
GAZA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has taken advantage of a five-hour humanitarian truce to provide emergency food assistance to thousands of people affected by the escalation in violence and to move food stocks into position around the Gaza Strip.
21 November 2013
RAMALLAH – The Government of Japan today renewed its commitment to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), contributing US$3.4 million (JPY 340 million) in support of the most vulnerable, food-insecure Palestinians in the West Bank.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
21 June 2013
JERICHO – Two United Nations agency heads today expressed concern at deteriorating food security in the West Bank and Gaza where one in three Palestinian households now struggle to feed their families.
18 June 2013
JERUSALEM – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will be in Israel and the State of Palestine this week to attend a conference and visit WFP operations.
19 September 2012
JERUSALEM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is transporting more than one million date bars produced in the Gaza Strip to the West Bank; the second batch of locally produced school snacks to be sent by WFP from the impoverished strip.
5 March 2012
KEREM SHALOM - Pallets of fortified date bars have left Gaza today, crossing Kerem Shalom to be transferred to the West Bank by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). This is the first batch of a total of 140 tons of locally-produced date bars (or 19 truckloads) that will be used in WFP's school feeding distributions in the West Bank.
2 April 2009
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza