10 January 2009
WFP today responded to growing hunger needs in Gaza by launching Operation Lifeline Gaza, a global appeal to ramp up the distribution of food to people caught in the conflict in the occupied Palestinian territory.
9 January 2009
The Executive Director of WFP, Josette Sheeran, today expressed deepening concern about the severe breakdown of food supplies and distributions in Gaza, and said the agency would scale up its operations to respond to urgent needs.
8 January 2009
WFP today welcomed a US$4 million donation from “The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Campaign for the Relief of the Palestinian People in Gaza.”
The donation will be used immediately to provide urgently needed food assistance to more than 265,000 civilians in the Gaza Strip.
4 January 2009
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is responding to growing humanitarian needs in Gaza by distributing bread to families in areas that have been badly hit by the recent upsurge in conflict.
20 November 2007
Under the auspices of the Royal Court, the United Nations World Food Programme has been discussing this week with the authorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ways to further strengthen their humanitarian partnership to help feed the hungry poor around the world.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 August 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a US$100,000 donation from the United Arab Emirates’ Red Crescent Society to help the UN food aid agency assist the growing number of impoverished people in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt).
20 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme announces that nine trucks carrying 225 metric tons of food have begun to cross the border into Gaza.
16 June 2007
WFP today condemned an armed attack on a food warehouse containing WFP food, run by the Ministry of Social Affairs in Nablus, West Bank.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza