18 June 2013
JERUSALEM – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will be in Israel and the State of Palestine this week to attend a conference and visit WFP operations.
19 September 2012
JERUSALEM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is transporting more than one million date bars produced in the Gaza Strip to the West Bank; the second batch of locally produced school snacks to be sent by WFP from the impoverished strip.
5 March 2012
KEREM SHALOM - Pallets of fortified date bars have left Gaza today, crossing Kerem Shalom to be transferred to the West Bank by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). This is the first batch of a total of 140 tons of locally-produced date bars (or 19 truckloads) that will be used in WFP's school feeding distributions in the West Bank.
2 April 2009
5 February 2009
Since the resurgence of conflict in Gaza on 27 December, WFP has distributed two month rations of food to more than 220,000 people.
22 January 2009
As part of its Operation Lifeline Gaza, WFP has begun distributing nutritious date bars and high energy biscuits (HEBs) to thousands of displaced people in Gaza City.
16 January 2009
WFP has so far distributed two-month and three-month rations to more than 137,000 people from its regular caseload of 265,000 of the non-refugee population of Gaza since the latest conflict broke out on 27 December.
10 January 2009
WFP today responded to growing hunger needs in Gaza by launching Operation Lifeline Gaza, a global appeal to ramp up the distribution of food to people caught in the conflict in the occupied Palestinian territory.
9 January 2009
The Executive Director of WFP, Josette Sheeran, today expressed deepening concern about the severe breakdown of food supplies and distributions in Gaza, and said the agency would scale up its operations to respond to urgent needs.
8 January 2009
WFP today welcomed a US$4 million donation from “The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Campaign for the Relief of the Palestinian People in Gaza.”
The donation will be used immediately to provide urgently needed food assistance to more than 265,000 civilians in the Gaza Strip.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza