16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 August 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a US$100,000 donation from the United Arab Emirates’ Red Crescent Society to help the UN food aid agency assist the growing number of impoverished people in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt).
20 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme announces that nine trucks carrying 225 metric tons of food have begun to cross the border into Gaza.
16 June 2007
WFP today condemned an armed attack on a food warehouse containing WFP food, run by the Ministry of Social Affairs in Nablus, West Bank.
13 June 2007
United Nations organisations working in the occupied Palestinian territory, are gravely concerned about the spiralling violence in the Gaza Strip, which has claimed 59 lives and caused 273 injuries since 9 June.
21 March 2007
WFP has hailed the increasing support and commitment of 12 new European Union Member States towards achieving the number one Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of halving poverty and hunger by 2015.
22 February 2007
The United Nations has warned that rising unemployment and poverty in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, coupled with economic suffocation, are posing acute challenges to food security, leaving many families totally reliant on outside assistance, as well as threatening vital sectors of the Palestinian economy.
15 December 2006
WFP today welcomed an aid package totalling JPY 930 million (US$8 million) from the Government of Japan to assist millions of vulnerable people affected by conflict, natural disasters and HIV/AIDS in five African countries and the occupied Palestinian territory.
19 September 2006
WFP has begun supplying Gaza with 2,050 metric tons of fortified wheat flour, valued at US$2.6 million, donated by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to assist 50,000 desperately impoverished Gazan families.
28 August 2006
Ahead of an international donor conference this week on the reconstruction of Lebanon in the Swedish capital, Stockholm, WFP has warned that the situation in Lebanon must not be allowed to overshadow the rapidly deteriorating living conditions of the people in Gaza.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza