20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
14 June 2006
Days after the WFP warned that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians are becoming destitute, Saudi Arabia has responded with a donation of US$2.6 million to purchase food for 50,000 of the worst affected families.
20 March 2006
WFP has said that food is running out in the Gaza Strip and has appealed to the Israeli authorities to allow food consignments to reach the tens of thousands of people in Gaza who depend on food aid to survive.
6 February 2006
WFP is set to increase the number of people it feeds in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) by 25 percent from 480,000 to 600,000 non-refugees, in response to an escalating humanitarian crisis.
16 August 2005
Jerusalem WFP announces it has stored food supplies in Gaza Strip to sustain tens of thousands of impoverished Palestinians ahead of the Israeli withdrawal which started early Monday.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
8 January 2005
Jerusalem The European Union has made the largest donation to WFP\'s new operation in the occupied Palestinian territory, giving €8 million (approx. US $10 million) to provide food assistance for almost half a million poor Palestinians.
2 November 2004
Rome - In an effort to address the dire socioeconomic conditions in the Palestinian Territories, WFP -- in collaboration with the Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture -- purchases 416 MT of olive oil, at a value of US$1.3 million, from 2600 Palestinian farmers.
8 March 2004
Rome - Amid continuing violence and conflict in the Palestinian Territories and the resulting deprivations on the lives and livelihoods of the population, the WFP announced today that it will extend its emergency operation in the Territories for a further 12 months.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza