21 March 2007
WFP has hailed the increasing support and commitment of 12 new European Union Member States towards achieving the number one Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of halving poverty and hunger by 2015.
22 February 2007
The United Nations has warned that rising unemployment and poverty in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, coupled with economic suffocation, are posing acute challenges to food security, leaving many families totally reliant on outside assistance, as well as threatening vital sectors of the Palestinian economy.
15 December 2006
WFP today welcomed an aid package totalling JPY 930 million (US$8 million) from the Government of Japan to assist millions of vulnerable people affected by conflict, natural disasters and HIV/AIDS in five African countries and the occupied Palestinian territory.
19 September 2006
WFP has begun supplying Gaza with 2,050 metric tons of fortified wheat flour, valued at US$2.6 million, donated by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to assist 50,000 desperately impoverished Gazan families.
28 August 2006
Ahead of an international donor conference this week on the reconstruction of Lebanon in the Swedish capital, Stockholm, WFP has warned that the situation in Lebanon must not be allowed to overshadow the rapidly deteriorating living conditions of the people in Gaza.
20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
14 June 2006
Days after the WFP warned that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians are becoming destitute, Saudi Arabia has responded with a donation of US$2.6 million to purchase food for 50,000 of the worst affected families.
20 March 2006
WFP has said that food is running out in the Gaza Strip and has appealed to the Israeli authorities to allow food consignments to reach the tens of thousands of people in Gaza who depend on food aid to survive.
6 February 2006
WFP is set to increase the number of people it feeds in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) by 25 percent from 480,000 to 600,000 non-refugees, in response to an escalating humanitarian crisis.
16 August 2005
Jerusalem WFP announces it has stored food supplies in Gaza Strip to sustain tens of thousands of impoverished Palestinians ahead of the Israeli withdrawal which started early Monday.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza