14 January 2013
After a massive snow storm swept through the State of Palestine, WFP and its partners were immediately on the ground in affected communities assessing the damage, identifying humanitarian needs and stepping up relief efforts.
See photo gallery here
20 November 2012
In the face of ongoing conflict in Gaza, WFP is pressing ahead with food distributions to ensure that families in the embattled territory don’t go hungry. WFP is monitoring the situation carefully and stands ready to provide additional assistance should humanitarian needs increase.
30 October 2011
Sharifa Deif Allah, 12 , is among the 35,000 people that receive food rations through an assistance programme for herder and Bedouin communities run jointly by WFP and UNRWA in the West Bank. She agreed to answer 10 questions about her life and hopes for the future.
17 January 2011
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran kicked off a three-day visit to the Middle East by visiting shops in the West Bank that are participating in WFP’s electronic voucher programmes. This 'digital food' provided to the most vulnerable Palestinians supports local shopkeepers and food producers, she explained.
3 November 2009
Tunisian actress Hend Sabry saw the impact of WFP’s first food voucher scheme in the Middle East recently when she spent a day with a Palestinian family in Nablus. Her presence also put a smile on faces at a market where thousands of Palestinians spend the vouchers.
17 February 2009
When WFP launched its emergency operation for Gaza recently, setting up food flows was no easy task. As Ekram El-Huni explains, the El Arish warehouse in Egypt was a crucial part of the logistics operation.
11 February 2009
Since the hostilities erupted on 27 December, WFP has continued delivering food to the civilian population in Gaza, distributing two-month rations to more than 222,000 people.
5 February 2009
"Ready-to-eat meals offer an immediate solution to the food needs of hospital patients, who might otherwise go hungry.”
30 January 2009
As the crisis in Gaza enters its second month, WFP is reaching out to more hungry people through daily food distributions, and free school meals for children.
25 January 2009
Christine van Nieuwenhuyse, WFP Country Director for the occupied Palestinian territories, travelled to Gaza with a joint UN preliminary assessment mission. This is her account of what she saw.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza