10 July 2006
WFP is completing a distribution of 2,000 metric tons of wheat flour donated by the Japanese government to assist 300,000 vulnerable West Bank Palestinians.
20 June 2006
Ahmad and many children like him who can be seen rummaging through garbage cans in Gaza, are part of a serious humanitarian crisis unfolding in the occupied Palestinian territory. Mia Turner tells us about the gravity of the situation.
9 May 2006
WFP has welcomed a Japanese donation of 1,000 metric tonnes of wheat flour which reached Gaza’s hard-hit population.
16 August 2005
Israel has withdrawn military forces and evacuated Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip and the northern part of the West Bank. Concerned that the pullout might cause logistical problems, WFP pre-positioned enough food in the Gaza Strip to feed the 156,000 Palestinians who benefit from WFP rations until the end of October.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza
- 24 July 2013 WFP Assistance To Poorest Palestinians In West Bank