6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
17 May 2007
A combination of inter-factional violence and Israeli airstrikes have killed scores of people in Gaza over the past ten days. WFP spokesperson Kirstie Campbell looks at the impact of the conflict on the Palestinians who live there.
12 March 2007
Their men are ashamed at not being able to provide for their families. The women are fearful of what their husbands will do in their frustration. Kirstie Campbell looks at the fate of women in the poverty-stricken occupied Palestinian territories.
16 August 2006
Despite the relative reduction in hostilities in Gaza over the past week, WFP food remains a vital "band aid" for oPt's stricken economy.
3 August 2006
The United Nations humanitarian agencies working in the occupied Palestinian territory are deeply alarmed by the impact continuing violence is having on civilians and civilian infrastructure in Gaza, which has resulted in a sharp decline in the humanitarian situation facing 1.4 million people, more than half of them children.
21 July 2006
WFP welcomes a donation of US$350,000 from the government of Cyprus for impoverished Palestinians suffering the effects of a faltering economy and restrictions on movement in the occupied Palestinian territories.
20 July 2006
WFP food aid continues to enter Gaza through the Karni crossing. From July 17-21, the agency delivered over 500 of wheat flour into Gaza, with another 1,505 due to enter next week.
19 July 2006
With tens of thousands of people fleeing the escalating conflict in Lebanon, WFP has sent an emergency team to conduct a preliminary needs assessment of the logistics infrastructure and particularly the feasibility of reaching the population in the affected areas.
10 July 2006
WFP is completing a distribution of 2,000 metric tons of wheat flour donated by the Japanese government to assist 300,000 vulnerable West Bank Palestinians.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 14 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza