16 August 2006
Despite the relative reduction in hostilities in Gaza over the past week, WFP food remains a vital "band aid" for oPt's stricken economy.
3 August 2006
The United Nations humanitarian agencies working in the occupied Palestinian territory are deeply alarmed by the impact continuing violence is having on civilians and civilian infrastructure in Gaza, which has resulted in a sharp decline in the humanitarian situation facing 1.4 million people, more than half of them children.
21 July 2006
WFP welcomes a donation of US$350,000 from the government of Cyprus for impoverished Palestinians suffering the effects of a faltering economy and restrictions on movement in the occupied Palestinian territories.
20 July 2006
WFP food aid continues to enter Gaza through the Karni crossing. From July 17-21, the agency delivered over 500 of wheat flour into Gaza, with another 1,505 due to enter next week.
19 July 2006
With tens of thousands of people fleeing the escalating conflict in Lebanon, WFP has sent an emergency team to conduct a preliminary needs assessment of the logistics infrastructure and particularly the feasibility of reaching the population in the affected areas.
10 July 2006
WFP is completing a distribution of 2,000 metric tons of wheat flour donated by the Japanese government to assist 300,000 vulnerable West Bank Palestinians.
20 June 2006
Ahmad and many children like him who can be seen rummaging through garbage cans in Gaza, are part of a serious humanitarian crisis unfolding in the occupied Palestinian territory. Mia Turner tells us about the gravity of the situation.
9 May 2006
WFP has welcomed a Japanese donation of 1,000 metric tonnes of wheat flour which reached Gaza’s hard-hit population.
16 August 2005
Israel has withdrawn military forces and evacuated Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip and the northern part of the West Bank. Concerned that the pullout might cause logistical problems, WFP pre-positioned enough food in the Gaza Strip to feed the 156,000 Palestinians who benefit from WFP rations until the end of October.
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 13 August 2014 WFP and UNRWA Gaza Food Distribution (For the Media)
- 12 August 2014 WFP Delivers Food To Desperate Families In Gaza