11 February 2009
Since the hostilities erupted on 27 December, WFP has continued delivering food to the civilian population in Gaza, distributing two-month rations to more than 222,000 people.
5 February 2009
"Ready-to-eat meals offer an immediate solution to the food needs of hospital patients, who might otherwise go hungry.”
30 January 2009
As the crisis in Gaza enters its second month, WFP is reaching out to more hungry people through daily food distributions, and free school meals for children.
25 January 2009
Christine van Nieuwenhuyse, WFP Country Director for the occupied Palestinian territories, travelled to Gaza with a joint UN preliminary assessment mission. This is her account of what she saw.
17 January 2009
6 January 2009
WFP moved 11 truckloads of food into Gaza on Monday as part of efforts to respond to the growing humanitarian needs.
24 January 2008
There is a serious food crisis in the Gaza Strip resulting from a progressive seven-month economic blockade.
22 November 2007
Fear and violence are an every day reality for Nehaia Abu-Nahla, Head of the WFP Gaza sub-office. She spoke to WFP's Heather Hill about what it's like to work in a place where she can never feel safe, and where an attack may be just around the corner.
22 October 2007
The food needs of Gaza's citizens are now at the mercy of political tensions between Israel, the Palestinian Authority, Hamas and other militant groups. WFP spokesperson Kirstie Campbell looks at how food is no longer a right when you're more or less cut off from the outside world.
20 August 2007
Arnold Vercken, WFP Representative in the occupied Palestinian territory, has warned of a progressive collapse of the Gazan economy as a result of border restrictions and a breakdown of services. WFP oPt spokesperson Kirstie Campbell reports
- Palestinian 'food insecurity' cause for concern: U.N. Source: The Daily Star/ AFP
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza