9 May 2006
WFP has welcomed a Japanese donation of 1,000 metric tonnes of wheat flour which reached Gaza’s hard-hit population.
16 August 2005
Israel has withdrawn military forces and evacuated Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip and the northern part of the West Bank. Concerned that the pullout might cause logistical problems, WFP pre-positioned enough food in the Gaza Strip to feed the 156,000 Palestinians who benefit from WFP rations until the end of October.
- Palestinian refugees in greater need of relief as Syrian crisis escalates, warns UN official Source: UN News Centre
- Becoming refugees once more: Palestinians from Syria return to Gaza Source: IRIN News
- In Brief: Gaza operation over, but emergency remains Source: IRIN
- Raising humanitarian concerns, UN official stresses need to avoid worsening of Gaza crisis Source: UN News Centre
- Gaza in 2020 - A liveable place? Source: IRIN