Huwa's familly receives each month five vouchers with a total value of 190 Sudanese Pounds (US$31.8). Copyright: WFP/Amor Almagro
Huwa, a displaced mother of three, is now able to “shop” for her food inside Darfur’s largest camp for internally displaced people. After seven years of receiving traditional food rations of cereals and chickpeas, she is now able to exchange her voucher for fresh produce as well as food that cater to the community’s taste like dried okra and dried tomatoes.
- 27 February 2014 WFP Vouchers Reach Darfur's Largest IDP Camp
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)
- 22 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 2