7 April 2014
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed two contributions from the government of Switzerland that will improve the poor nutritional status of children, pregnant women and nursing mothers in Sudan.
3 February 2014
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a US$2 million contribution from the Russian Federation that will support WFP’s food distributions in Sudan.
3 December 2013
KHARTOUM – The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), through its Emergency Food Security Programme, today confirmed its contribution of US$9 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Sudan.
21 November 2013
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks 50 years of providing crucial food assistance to hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people in Sudan.
18 November 2013
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of GB£19 million (approximately US$30.5 million) from the United Kingdom to assist the people displaced by conflict in Sudan’s Darfur region.
28 October 2013
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a generous contribution of €1 million (US$2.3 million) from Germany towards its operations which plans to provide assistance to more than 700,000 people in Darfur and the eastern and central regions through vouchers during 2013.
23 July 2013
KHARTOUM – New violence in Sudan’s western region of Darfur has prompted more than 250,000 people to flee their villages and abandon their livelihoods since the start of the year, the UN World Food Programme (WFP) said today.
16 July 2013
4 June 2013
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme today welcomed a United States Government contribution of lentils, sorghum and oil fortified with vitamin A which will be used to assist close to four million vulnerable people across the country including over 1.4 million displaced people in Darfur.
4 April 2013
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme has started providing urgently-needed food assistance to the conflict-affected people in Blue Nile state. This is the first time that the agency has distributed food assistance since the conflict broke out in September 2011, forcing thousands to flee their homes, many of them crossing into neighbouring Ethiopia and South Sudan.
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- 27 February 2014 WFP Vouchers Reach Darfur's Largest IDP Camp
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3