5 August 2012
It is with profound sadness that the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today confirmed the death of one its drivers in a fatal attack in the Sudan state of South Kordofan
30 May 2012
NYALA - After 86 days in captivity in the South Darfur region of Sudan, British aid worker Patrick Noonan, who was working for the UN World Food Programme (WFP), has been released and is looking forward to seeing his family.
18 October 2011
KHARTOUM Brazil and Spain have teamed up to make a joint contribution of US$ 6 million towards United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Emergency Operation in Sudan.
17 June 2011
It is the height of the hunger season in Sudan and the violence that has engulfed South Kordofan is hindering WFP’s efforts to reach hundreds of thousands of people in need of food assistance. As the security situation in South Kordofan state deteriorates, I would like to echo the UN Secretary General’s deep concern about the escalation in the conflict.
16 June 2011
KHARTOUM/KADUGLI – Food assistance from the United Nations World FoodProgramme (WFP) has reached more 26,500 people fleeing fighting in Sudan’s South Kordofan state. Conflict however continues to hinder WFP’s efforts to reach more people uprooted by the violence.
1 June 2011
KHARTOUM/JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has reached more than 45,000 displaced people from Abyei with food assistance following the fighting that broke out between the Sudanese Armed Forces and Sudan People’s Liberation Army.
24 April 2011
ROME -- It is with profound sadness that the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today confirmed the death of one of its staff members in a fatal attack in Southern Sudan.
12 January 2011
ROME/JUBA - The number of people in need of food assistance in southern Sudan has decreased markedly - though prospects for food security largely depend on the post-referendum period and the number of people returning to the South, a United Nations report said today.
11 January 2011
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed the largest ever, one-off donation from the Government of Japan, amounting to US$ 196.6 million. The donation will be used to provide urgently needed food and nutritional assistance to millions of the most vulnerable people in 20 countries in Asia and Africa and will also support logistics operations in eight countries where WFP is working.
8 December 2010
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed the news that three Latvian men working as helicopter aircrew for the WFP United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) in the western Sudanese region of Darfur, have been freed after more than a month in captivity.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)