17 February 2004
Nairobi - In a move to alleviate the suffering of tens of thousands of people displaced by the conflict in North Darfur, WFP has begun an airlift yesterday of some 500 metric tonnes of sorghum.
12 February 2004
Nairobi -WFP today appealed for urgent funding for road repairs and demining of key transport routes in southern Sudan to help people return after decades of war, and connect the region to northern Sudan and neighbouring countries.
8 February 2004
Fur Buranga, West Darfur WFP begins air drops of food into the most inaccessible parts of western Sudan\'s violence-ravaged Darfur region. The food assistance will reach more than 70,000 displaced people and local residents who have been cut off from aid because of the rainy season and insecurity.
13 January 2004
N\'Djamena Conflict in the three states of Darfur (Western Sudan) has brought a humanitarian crisis to the Chadian border, with displacement and disruption for around one million people, according to WFP.
9 January 2004
Rome WFP announces the safe release of three of its employees who had been held captive by rebels in the troubled Darfur region of Sudan. While welcoming their release, WFP condemned the fact that humanitarian workers were being targeted by armed groups.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)