8 June 2010
Today we have had the great pleasure of welcoming the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response, Kristalina Georgieva, on her first visit to the World Food Programme (WFP) headquarters in Rome.
2 February 2010
JUBA – The number of people in southern Sudan in need of food assistance has more than quadrupled from almost 1 million in 2009 to 4.3 million this year because of conflict and drought, UN food agencies and Southern Sudan’s Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry said today.
16 December 2009
COPENHAGEN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today launched a pilot project to provide fuel-efficient stoves to women in Sudan and Uganda, to reduce the risk of violence they run while gathering firewood and at the same time protect the environment.
5 November 2009
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has commenced air drops of food assistance into Southern Sudan to feed 155,600 people cut off from road access during current rains in areas hit by conflict, high food prices and poor harvests because of drought.
3 October 2008
The World Food Programme (WFP) has warned that banditry is delaying vital food deliveries to Darfur while a lack of contributions may ground its Humanitarian Air Service at the end of the month.
9 July 2008
WFP says that relentless attacks on truck convoys in Darfur are pushing to the brink the agency’s ability to feed more than 3 million people each month.
30 June 2008
Thanks to a fast response by donors, the humanitarian air service which flies aid workers to critical areas in Sudan will continue running until the end of September.
29 June 2008
The WFP said that the Ugandan driver of a WFP-contracted truck was killed in an ambush in southern Sudan, bringing to five the number of WFP-contracted drivers or their assistants killed in attacks in South Sudan this year.
15 May 2008
The United Nations World Food Programme announced today that the Humanitarian Air Service (WFP-HAS) in Sudan can continue operations until mid-June thanks to recent donations.
24 April 2008
WFP has announced the killing of a truck driver transporting vital food relief to Darfur, the second such killing in two months.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)