19 October 2007
World Food Programme Executive Director, Josette Sheeran, has condemned the continued detention of WFP staff member Idris Osman, who was seized by armed men on Wednesday.
17 October 2007
WFP has condemned today the killing of three contract truck drivers who were shot to death while working for the UN’s food agency in Darfur.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
26 September 2007
WFP teams in many countries across Africa are delivering food to people hit by floods across the continent that are the worst in decades in some places. But WFP urgently needs new contributions to cope with the crisis.
1 August 2007
Feeding school children, supporting skills training and repairing roads – WFP is celebrating the second anniversary of peace in South Sudan by marking the achievements of its partnership with the people of the region.
25 July 2007
WFP has condemned the dramatic escalation in attacks on humanitarian staff and food convoys in Darfur, which are hampering WFP’s ability to deliver assistance to millions of hungry people in the strife-torn region of Sudan.
27 June 2007
Friends of the World Food Program today welcomed a US$1,000,000 donation from Not On Our Watch, a humanitarian organization co-founded by the all-star cast and the filmmakers of “Ocean’s Thirteen.”
14 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today launched a highly complex operation to airlift emergency food supplies to over 2,600 refugees from Darfur who recently crossed into the remote north-eastern corner of the Central African Republic.
14 May 2007
WFP thanks the Government of Libya for facilitating the transport of 14,000 metric tons of cereals through its territory to Chad, where more than 200,000 Sudanese fleeing the conflict in neighbouring Darfur have taken refuge in camps in the north of the country and are desperately in need of assistance.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)