19 December 2006
The National Basketball Association\'s Chicago Bulls teams up with WFP to feed hungry schoolchildren in Darfur, Sudan with a $100,000 donation.
4 December 2006
WFP has welcomed a donation of US$8.7 million from the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development earmarked for the United Nations food agency’s giant road works project in southern Sudan.
9 November 2006
Hundreds of thousands of people in Darfur have gone hungry for three consecutive months because fighting and banditry have prevented the WFP from reaching them, announced Kenro Oshidari, WFP’s Representative in Sudan.
19 October 2006
Despite the deteriorating security situation in Darfur, a new United Nations assessment has found that overall malnutrition levels have mostly stabilised in 2006 and food insecurity has improved slightly thanks to a stronger international response to the suffering in Sudan’s war-torn west.
10 October 2006
WFP has announced that in September, food rations reached more than 158,000 people in Darfur, western Sudan, who have been cut off in recent months.
3 October 2006
WFP has said that a critically slow response to appeals for its emergency operation in Sudan have forced it to cut rations of pulses, sugar and salt for up to 3.5 million people immediately, to help limited stocks last longer.
16 August 2006
WFP has urged the international community to help end the misery in the western Sudanese region of Darfur, where almost half a million people are now cut off from emergency food aid because of fighting and attacks.
24 July 2006
WFP welcomes a 105 million euro donation by the European Commission for its global operations in 2006.
11 July 2006
In an address to the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, WFP’s Executive Director, James Morris, has said that globalisation is an economic and social reality that must be managed if it is to become an effective tool to fight hunger.
6 July 2006
WFP Executive Director James Morris has warned that a shortage of steady and timely funding for food aid to Sudan risks increasing malnutrition among millions of people and threatened pacts to end conflicts in the South and western region of Darfur.
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- 27 February 2014 WFP Vouchers Reach Darfur's Largest IDP Camp
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3