29 May 2006
WFP has announced that food aid rations – recently reduced by half for more than three million people in Sudan – would be increased to 84 percent in energy content from June to September in Darfur, thanks to the latest donations towards WFP’s emergency operation.
7 May 2006
WFP has received a donation of US$30 million from the Government of Southern Sudan (GOSS) for WFP’s massive road works project in the region.
4 May 2006
WFP has praised decisions by governors of three Sudan States to renew and expand their support to WFP school meals by committing precious resources to monitoring, transport and other support.
28 April 2006
Despite the horrific suffering of millions of vulnerable people across Sudan, WFP has said that a severe shortage of funds has forced it to make drastic cuts in food rations from May.
21 April 2006
WFP warns that any continuation or escalation in the current conflict in Chad could have serious implications for the humanitarian effort and leave thousands of people short of food in both eastern Chad and across the border in the troubled Sudanese region of Darfur.
20 April 2006
WFP welcomes an Italian donation of Euros 1 million (US$1.2 million) towards its emergency operation in Sudan, which is providing food assistance to more than 6.1 million people throughout 2006.
18 April 2006
WFP welcomes its first ever contribution from the Government of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya.
14 March 2006
As a result of insufficient funding, WFP has been forced to reduce food aid rations to some 230,000 Somali and Sudanese refugees living in two camps in remote areas in northeast Kenya.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
17 February 2006
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and WFP have said that while Sudan is likely to reap a reasonably good harvest in 2005-2006, almost seven million people will still require food aid over the coming year.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)