10 August 2007
Emmanuel Jal's rise from refugee status to world-renowed rapper is an inspiration to African children. In this exclusive interview with WFP's Jennifer Mizgata, the former child soldier from southern Sudan explains why education holds the key to unlocking the potential of the world's poor and hungry people.
1 August 2007
WFP thanked Japan for a generous US$26 million donation from the Government of Japan to assist millions of vulnerable people affected by conflict and natural disasters in seven countries, mainly in Africa.
25 July 2007
Refugees fleeing Darfur are moving across the border into Central African Republic opening another front in the complex and deadly crisis, WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports.
23 July 2007
WFP has welcomed a generous cash donation of US$58.3 million from the Government of Sweden to support the agency’s operations around the world, placing them as the fifth largest donor to WFP in 2007.
6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
26 April 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme welcomed today an Egyptian Government donation of over 250 tons of food commodities to war-torn Sudan and Somalia.
26 April 2007
WFP has welcomed the Government of Sudan’s expediting the movement of a shipment of 100,000 tons of cereals that had been delayed at Port Sudan.
16 April 2007
WFP welcomes the continuing support of the Federal Government of Germany with new contributions totalling €22.55 million from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
2 April 2007
Fear of attacks by militia has driven up to two million Darfurians in camps. WFP's Mohamed Amasha spoke to some of those whose lives are in tatters and who don't know what tomorrow holds
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)