28 October 2005
29 September 2005
16 September 2005
13 September 2005
5 September 2005
1 September 2005
WFP Public Information Officer Simon Crittle finds thousands of families who were displaced by Sudan’s devastating civil war have returned home to a rain-starved region where malnutrition is on the rise.
3 August 2005
In a special article for WFP, Desmond Tutu, archbishop emeritus of Cape Town and Nobel prize winne, warns that there are other "Nigers" waiting to happen on the African continent.
12 May 2005
Darfur, 12 May 2005 - WFP has strongly condemned the killing by bandits of two drivers of WFP-contracted trucks in South Darfur.
The agency warned that a spate of attacks this month were sabotaging its efforts ahead of the rainy season to provide food aid for more than two million people in the Darfur region.
31 March 2005
In an article first published in the International Herald Tribune, WFP's Country Director in Sudan, Ramiro Lopes da Silva, calls on the international community to invest in southern Sudan's fledgling peace.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)