11 August 2006
An International AIDS Conference in Toronto on 13 – 18 August, gathers together experts and people living with HIV to discuss how to combat the deadly disease. WFP will illustrate the necessity of good nutrition in fighting the disease.
29 June 2006
HIV/AIDS is aggravating chronic hunger in southern Africa and despite better harvests across the region, more than three million people will remain short of basic food supplies through to December.
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
28 October 2005
5 September 2005
3 August 2005
In a special article for WFP, Desmond Tutu, archbishop emeritus of Cape Town and Nobel prize winne, warns that there are other "Nigers" waiting to happen on the African continent.
- WFP Food by Prescription programme for HIV+ implemented Source: The Swazi Observer (Swaziland)
- WFP feeds millions annualy Source: The Swazi Observer
- Analysis: Swaziland mulls multi-million dollar bailout Source: IRIN
- SD to launch food by prescription project Source: The Swazi Observer
- WFP to feed 54 000 Swazis this year Source: The Swazi Observer