18 April 2013
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme today welcomed a contribution of US$40 million from the government of Kuwait to provide assistance to Syrians in acute need.
16 April 2013
ANKARA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in partnership with the Turkish Red Crescent (TRC) expanded today its food assistance programme into four new camps in Turkey doubling the number of Syrians that it now supports in Turkish camps to 80,000 people.
15 April 2013
After more than two years of conflict in Syria, the heads of five UN agencies appeal to political leaders to find a peaceful solution before hundreds of thousands more people lose their homes and lives.
11 April 2013
Link to high resolution pictures: http://goo.gl/1aCZo
AMMAN – The internationally acclaimed British singer and composer Sami Yusuf visited Zaatari camp in Jordan yesterday where he saw at first hand the plight of refugees who fled the conflict in Syria.
4 April 2013
AMMAN – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has launched school feeding projects for more than 10,500 Syrian children attending schools in refugee camps in Jordan and Iraq to boost nutrition and encourage children to come to school.
2 April 2013
DAMASCUS – The growing cycle of violence in Syria is preventing life-saving food aid from reaching many of the millions of vulnerable Syrians in need, says the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), calling on all parties to allow humanitarian aid to pass safely into disputed and conflict zones.
15 March 2013
BANGKOK/SINGAPORE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and online social movement GiveAsia.org are launching a new partnership to raise funds for the global fight against hunger. The first campaign under the partnership will benefit WFP’s emergency operation to meet the needs of people affected by conflict in Syria.
14 March 2013
DAMASCUS – Two years into the Syria crisis, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) faces severe challenges in expanding its emergency operation to feed millions of conflict-affected people, as a result of funding shortages.
6 March 2013
OTTAWA – Today the Minister of International Cooperation, the Honorable Julian Fantino, and senior members of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) met with the Executive Director of the Rome-based United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, to reaffirm their shared commitment to end hunger and malnutrition.
21 February 2013
BANGKOK – Online gamers and followers of fashion today have a new way to support the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) emergency food assistance operation in Syria thanks to a ground-breaking initiative with Facebook game Stylista (https://apps.facebook.com/stylista). Stylista is the brainchild of Sandbox Global, a digital gaming company based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Syrian children of the Kilis refugee camp: ‘We tell them not to worry, it’s far away, but they get scared’ Source: The Independent
- Syrian refugees face another harsh winter in camp Source: The Washington Post
- Syria Crisis Is Worsening, U.N. Relief Official Says Source: The New York Times
- Syria war 'damaging a generation of children', UN warns Source: BBC News
- Roundup: Syria needs more aid amid growing poverty Source: Global Post/ Xinhua
- 4 December 2013 Syria: Food Aid Getting Through, But Some Areas Still Cut Off
- 3 December 2013 WFP On The Ground In Syria (For The Media)
- 26 November 2013 New Wave Of Syrian Refugees Arrives In Lebanon
- 21 November 2013 Influx of Syrian refugees into Lebanon (For The Media)