5 February 2013
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up its food aid operations inside Syria to reach 2.5 million people in the coming months. In February, WFP is increasing the number of people it plans to reach from 1.5 million to 1.75 million people and is gradually building its capacity to reach two million people in March and 2.5 million vulnerable Syrians by April.
31 January 2013
ROME - The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has postponed a Google+ Hangout scheduled to take place today from its office in Damascus until Friday, 1 February at 12.00 NYC / 17.00 London.
15 January 2013
KILIS – The Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, has concluded a visit to Turkey this week by meeting Syrian refugees in Kilis camp on the Turkish-Syrian border.
11 January 2013
ANKARA – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will be in Turkey 13-15 January to visit WFP’s food assistance operation for Syrian refugees and to hold meetings with senior government officials in Ankara and Istanbul.
21 December 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will start providing ready-to-eat food to 125,000 vulnerable Palestinians and displaced Syrians caught up in fighting around Yarmouk camp in Damascus.
4 December 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that the recent escalation of violence in Syria is making it more difficult to reach the country’s hardest-hit areas and that food insecurity is on the rise due to bread shortages and higher food prices in many parts of the country. High prices are also affecting neighbouring countries hosting Syrian refugees.
20 September 2012
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is today providing journalists and the online public with a unique opportunity to hear the latest on food relief operations in Syria from a senior staff member who has spent the last five days in Homs, Yabroud and Damascus.
2 August 2012
DAMASCUS/ROME – Up to 3 million people are in need of food, crop and livestock assistance over the coming year, according to a recent assessment carried out by the United Nations and the Syrian government.
1 August 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has sent food assistance for distribution to 28,000 people in Aleppo over the next few days, following reports of shortages of food, gas and electricity after weeks of violence in Syria’s largest city.
24 April 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up food assistance to reach a quarter million people by the end of this month inside Syria with plans to double the caseload to reach 500,000 people in the coming weeks.
- Syrian refugees face another harsh winter in camp Source: The Washington Post
- Syria Crisis Is Worsening, U.N. Relief Official Says Source: The New York Times
- Syria war 'damaging a generation of children', UN warns Source: BBC News
- Roundup: Syria needs more aid amid growing poverty Source: Global Post/ Xinhua
- Debit Cards and Food Security: Sustainable Solutions to Lebanon’s Massive Refugee Crisis Source: Gino's Blog
- 4 December 2013 Syria: Food Aid Getting Through, But Some Areas Still Cut Off
- 3 December 2013 WFP On The Ground In Syria (For The Media)
- 26 November 2013 New Wave Of Syrian Refugees Arrives In Lebanon
- 21 November 2013 Influx of Syrian refugees into Lebanon (For The Media)