21 February 2013
BANGKOK – Online gamers and followers of fashion today have a new way to support the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) emergency food assistance operation in Syria thanks to a ground-breaking initiative with Facebook game Stylista (https://apps.facebook.com/stylista). Stylista is the brainchild of Sandbox Global, a digital gaming company based in Bangkok, Thailand.
12 February 2013
CAIRO – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has begun providing assistance through food vouchers to more than 7,000 of the most vulnerable Syrian refugees in Egypt.
5 February 2013
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up its food aid operations inside Syria to reach 2.5 million people in the coming months. In February, WFP is increasing the number of people it plans to reach from 1.5 million to 1.75 million people and is gradually building its capacity to reach two million people in March and 2.5 million vulnerable Syrians by April.
31 January 2013
ROME - The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has postponed a Google+ Hangout scheduled to take place today from its office in Damascus until Friday, 1 February at 12.00 NYC / 17.00 London.
15 January 2013
KILIS – The Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, has concluded a visit to Turkey this week by meeting Syrian refugees in Kilis camp on the Turkish-Syrian border.
11 January 2013
ANKARA – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will be in Turkey 13-15 January to visit WFP’s food assistance operation for Syrian refugees and to hold meetings with senior government officials in Ankara and Istanbul.
21 December 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will start providing ready-to-eat food to 125,000 vulnerable Palestinians and displaced Syrians caught up in fighting around Yarmouk camp in Damascus.
4 December 2012
DAMASCUS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that the recent escalation of violence in Syria is making it more difficult to reach the country’s hardest-hit areas and that food insecurity is on the rise due to bread shortages and higher food prices in many parts of the country. High prices are also affecting neighbouring countries hosting Syrian refugees.
20 September 2012
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is today providing journalists and the online public with a unique opportunity to hear the latest on food relief operations in Syria from a senior staff member who has spent the last five days in Homs, Yabroud and Damascus.
2 August 2012
DAMASCUS/ROME – Up to 3 million people are in need of food, crop and livestock assistance over the coming year, according to a recent assessment carried out by the United Nations and the Syrian government.
- Gunfire Forces UN Agency To Suspend Food Delivery To Beseiged Palestinian Refugees In Syria Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Aleppo School Bombing Condemned By U.N. Source: Al Jazeera
- Diplomatic Efforts On Syria Have Failed, U.N. Chiefs Say Source: New York Times
- All Parties In Syria Blocking Aid, Says Ban Ki-moon Source: BBC News
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Source: Mail Online
- Evaluation of WFP’s Regional Response to the Syrian Crisis. Terms of Reference.
- WFP SYRIA CRISIS RESPONSE Situation Update 11 - 24 JUNE 2014
- Jordan - Economic Impact Study: Direct and Indirect Impact of the WFP Food Voucher Programme, April 2014
- Syria - Special Focus: Will drought worsen the impact of conflict on food insecurity?