24 July 2006
Following the arrival on Sunday of WFP’s first shipment of humanitarian assistance in Lebanon, today the agency launched an emergency operation that will reach over 300,000 people, including 50,000 people who have fled across the border to Syria.
20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
8 April 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, WFP Goodwill Ambassador, today joined James Morris, WFP Executive Director, on a one-day visit to Lebanese refugees in Syria.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- The Syrian children of the Kilis refugee camp: ‘We tell them not to worry, it’s far away, but they get scared’ Source: The Independent
- Syrian refugees face another harsh winter in camp Source: The Washington Post
- Syria Crisis Is Worsening, U.N. Relief Official Says Source: The New York Times
- Syria war 'damaging a generation of children', UN warns Source: BBC News
- Roundup: Syria needs more aid amid growing poverty Source: Global Post/ Xinhua
- 4 December 2013 Syria: Food Aid Getting Through, But Some Areas Still Cut Off
- 3 December 2013 WFP On The Ground In Syria (For The Media)
- 26 November 2013 New Wave Of Syrian Refugees Arrives In Lebanon
- 21 November 2013 Influx of Syrian refugees into Lebanon (For The Media)