26 July 2006
WFP today dispatched the first UN convoy with food and medical supplies from Beirut to the southern Lebanese port city of Tyre, one of the hardest hit areas now home to thousands of displaced people.
24 July 2006
Following the arrival on Sunday of WFP’s first shipment of humanitarian assistance in Lebanon, today the agency launched an emergency operation that will reach over 300,000 people, including 50,000 people who have fled across the border to Syria.
20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
8 April 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, WFP Goodwill Ambassador, today joined James Morris, WFP Executive Director, on a one-day visit to Lebanese refugees in Syria.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Northeast Syria faces food crisis, but access eases elsewhere: WFP Source: Reuters
- 'Serious funding shortfall in Syria,' says UN agency Source: BBC News
- Food rations distributed to besieged Damascus areas Source: Global Post/ AFP
- U.N. Orders Both Sides in Syria to Allow Humanitarian Aid Source: The New York Times
- Harper offers new aid in Jordan, but sees no end to flow of Syrian refugees Source: The Globe and Mail
- 13 February 2014 Central African Republic: Airlifts Deliver Critical Food Assistance
- 13 February 2014 WFP Food Distribution In Homs (For The Media)
- 12 February 2014 Syria: Aid Convoys Bring Relief To Besieged Old City of Homs