16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 March 2007
WFP has appealed for donations for a new operation to provide food assistance for tens of thousands of the poorest Iraqi refugees who are now in Syria after fleeing escalating violence in their own country.
12 March 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today announced that it will scale up efforts to provide basic food assistance to the most vulnerable Iraqi refugees in Syria and called on the international community to support its growing operation there.
16 August 2006
WFP has said that to facilitate the mass return of Lebanese who had taken refuge in Syria, it has been providing bread and biscuits to the thousands of people heading over the border back into Lebanon.
26 July 2006
WFP today dispatched the first UN convoy with food and medical supplies from Beirut to the southern Lebanese port city of Tyre, one of the hardest hit areas now home to thousands of displaced people.
24 July 2006
Following the arrival on Sunday of WFP’s first shipment of humanitarian assistance in Lebanon, today the agency launched an emergency operation that will reach over 300,000 people, including 50,000 people who have fled across the border to Syria.
20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
8 April 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, WFP Goodwill Ambassador, today joined James Morris, WFP Executive Director, on a one-day visit to Lebanese refugees in Syria.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Gunfire Forces UN Agency To Suspend Food Delivery To Beseiged Palestinian Refugees In Syria Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Aleppo School Bombing Condemned By U.N. Source: Al Jazeera
- Diplomatic Efforts On Syria Have Failed, U.N. Chiefs Say Source: New York Times
- All Parties In Syria Blocking Aid, Says Ban Ki-moon Source: BBC News
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Source: Mail Online
- 18 August 2014 The Life Of A WFP Aid Worker At Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley
- 21 July 2014 Food For Syria - Behind The Scenes
- 28 April 2014 Day In The Life Of Aid Worker In Syria