26 July 2006
WFP today dispatched the first UN convoy with food and medical supplies from Beirut to the southern Lebanese port city of Tyre, one of the hardest hit areas now home to thousands of displaced people.
24 July 2006
Following the arrival on Sunday of WFP’s first shipment of humanitarian assistance in Lebanon, today the agency launched an emergency operation that will reach over 300,000 people, including 50,000 people who have fled across the border to Syria.
20 July 2006
With the crisis in Lebanon escalating, WFP said today that hundreds of thousands of displaced people are finding it increasingly difficult to obtain food and other essentials.
8 April 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, WFP Goodwill Ambassador, today joined James Morris, WFP Executive Director, on a one-day visit to Lebanese refugees in Syria.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Gunfire Forces UN Agency To Suspend Food Delivery To Beseiged Palestinian Refugees In Syria Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Aleppo School Bombing Condemned By U.N. Source: Al Jazeera
- Diplomatic Efforts On Syria Have Failed, U.N. Chiefs Say Source: New York Times
- All Parties In Syria Blocking Aid, Says Ban Ki-moon Source: BBC News
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Source: Mail Online
- Evaluation of WFP’s Regional Response to the Syrian Crisis. Terms of Reference.
- WFP SYRIA CRISIS RESPONSE Situation Update 11 - 24 JUNE 2014
- Jordan - Economic Impact Study: Direct and Indirect Impact of the WFP Food Voucher Programme, April 2014
- Syria - Special Focus: Will drought worsen the impact of conflict on food insecurity?