26 May 2009
Two Iraqi refugee households in the Syrian capital Damascus recently received an early morning visit from the Arab world’s young film star and WFP celebrity partner Hend Sabry.
15 April 2008
WFP Ambassador Against Hunger Mahmoud Yassin has called on donors to provide urgent funding now to enable WFP to continue its operation to provide food assistance to tens of thousands displaced Iraqis in Syria after early June.
12 December 2007
Carla Van Kampen decided to combine her love of food and experience as a journalist with her work at WFP to write a cook book of recipes from WFP’s field offices. The result is "What the World Eats: A Collection of Everyday Recipes from the United Nations World Food Programme".
18 June 2007
WFP has thanked the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for 720 metric tons of dates donated to support WFP’s beneficiaries in Syria.
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Source: Mail Online
- $40 million needed each week to help Syrians Source: Khaleej Times (UAE)
- UN chief says both sides block aid to Syrians Source: China Daily
- Jordan's 'forgotten' urban refugees from Syria Source: BBC News
- UN aid trucks cross from Turkey to Syria Source: Turkish Press
- 24 March 2014 UN Convoy Brings Food Into Syria From Turkey
- 14 March 2014 Displaced Families Receiving Food Inside War-Torn Syria
- 14 March 2014 Slice Of Life: A Syrian Family In Wartime