18 November 2010
DUSHANBE -- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will launch an important new phase of life-saving food assistance to Tuberculosis (TB) patients in Tajikistan, along with their family members, with the goal of building on past successes in increasing cure rates and lowering death rates from the disease.
8 July 2010
One of the most important events in 2010 on the Tajikistan calendar was the High Level International Water Conference held in the capital Dushanbe from 8 to 9 June 2010. The conference was staged at the mid-point of the UN International Decade for Action "Water for Life" (2005-2015) to review progress made on water resource management. WFP was invited to participate in one of six roundtables at the conference, which was opened by President Emomali Rahmon and featured an address by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Here is the transcript of the WFP speech, given by Deputy Country Director Heather Hill.
18 December 2009
2 February 2009
22 February 2008
The United Nations World Food Programme said today it was appealing for an extra US$8.3 million to help feed hundreds of thousands of people in Tajikistan suffering from food shortages amid soaring food and fuel prices, in the coldest winter the country has seen for three decades and an unprecedented energy crisis.
3 December 2007
WFP has welcomed the final shipment of a US$2 million package of food aid donated by Russia to support the agency’s operations in Tajikistan.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 March 2006
WFP has welcomed the arrival of a US$6 million contribution from the Government of the Russian Federation to its Protracted Relief and Recovery Operation (PRRO) in Tajikistan.
20 June 2005
Kabul - WFP is providing emergency food aid to devastated communities in Afghanistan\'s northeastern province Badakshan, where a hailstorm and heavy flooding have so far killed an estimated 29 people, injured 40 and destroyed over 1,000 homes.
- WFP helps poor Tajik families Source: Central Asia Online
- Tajikistan faces food insecurity risk, WFP says Source: Central Asia Newswire
- Tajikistan: The Struggle to Build National School Feeding Source: Blogcritics
- WFP to help Tajik TB patients Source: Central Asia Online
- WFP to launch ground-breaking operation to help TB patients Source: Asia Plus (Tajikistan)
- 16 March 2012 WFP Shows Off Children's Art For Tajikistan New Year
- 5 April 2011 A very happy New Year in Rasht
- 24 February 2011 From Russia with love
- 31 July 2010 Overcoming TB in Tajikistan, with help from WFP