14 December 2013
Tanzania trip ends with calls for more joint efforts on financial inclusion and food security.
9 December 2013
ADDIS ABABA – Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and the three food agencies of the United Nations are teaming up to raise awareness of how access to financial services – such as bank accounts, short-term credit, small loans, savings and insurance – can help improve the lives and livelihoods of smallholder farmers and the rural poor.
17 October 2013
The UN World Food Programme is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
29 May 2013
DAR ES SALAAM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today received a donation of dates valued at USD $340,000 from the Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to support refugee operations in the northwest of Tanzania.
5 March 2013
DAR ES SALAAM – Early this morning, an all-female climbing team supported by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in Tanzania reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain.
25 February 2013
DAR ES SALAAM – They have conquered the world’s highest mountain. They have climbed the highest peaks in Europe and Australia. Now, seven Nepali women – members of the most successful all-female team ever to scale Mount Everest - will join three African women to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
12 February 2013
DAR-ES-SALAAM – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, today begins a two-day visit to Tanzania. While in the capital, Dar-es-Salaam, she will visit WFP’s port operations to see a central logistics hub that is vital to WFP’s work in Africa
15 January 2013
U.S. Ambassador to the UN Food and Agriculture Agencies in Rome has completed a one-week tour of WFP, FAO, IFAD and USAID projects throughout Tanzania.
10 October 2012
DAR ES SALAAM – Vodacom Tanzania and UN World Food Programme (WFP) today announced a partnership that will encourage vulnerable, food insecure communities in the Mtwara region of Tanzania to take advantage of nutrition and health education through a mobile money platform.
28 May 2012
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) signed a landmark agreement in Botswana on 25 May 2012 to work together to fight food insecurity in the 15 member countries of the SADC region of southern Africa.
- UN-backed team celebrates International Women’s Day atop Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- All-female team of climbers set to climb Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Tanzania's nutritional status under spotlight Source: IPP Media - The Guardian
- Combating poverty through school meals Source: IPP Media / The Guardian (Tanzania)
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 7 January 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 32
- 19 December 2013 Fighting Malnutrition in Tanzania