15 January 2013
U.S. Ambassador to the UN Food and Agriculture Agencies in Rome has completed a one-week tour of WFP, FAO, IFAD and USAID projects throughout Tanzania.
10 October 2012
DAR ES SALAAM – Vodacom Tanzania and UN World Food Programme (WFP) today announced a partnership that will encourage vulnerable, food insecure communities in the Mtwara region of Tanzania to take advantage of nutrition and health education through a mobile money platform.
28 May 2012
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) signed a landmark agreement in Botswana on 25 May 2012 to work together to fight food insecurity in the 15 member countries of the SADC region of southern Africa.
14 March 2008
The World Food Programme has urged the international community to provide US$6 million so that WFP food assistance to as many as 90,000 Burundian refugees returning home from Tanzania – due to run out mid-year – can be maintained.
27 November 2007
– As communities gather to mark World AIDS Day, and governments take stock of the progress towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is urging that more attention be paid to the fundamental connection between hunger and health, which lies at the heart of the pandemic
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
14 August 2007
Two United Nations agencies today appealed to donors to support an increased food assistance package to help many of the 149,000 Burundian refugees in camps in Tanzania to return home. WFP and the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) warned that without funding, the initiative may collapse.
21 March 2007
WFP has hailed the increasing support and commitment of 12 new European Union Member States towards achieving the number one Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of halving poverty and hunger by 2015.
5 November 2006
WFP urgently appeals for US$16.6 million to feed 565,000 people in Tanzania facing severe hunger because of drought.
- UN-backed team celebrates International Women’s Day atop Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- All-female team of climbers set to climb Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Tanzania's nutritional status under spotlight Source: IPP Media - The Guardian
- Combating poverty through school meals Source: IPP Media / The Guardian (Tanzania)
- 6 March 2015 Shipping Tanzanian Maize To Somalia
- 5 March 2015 Holding Up The Sky
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists