8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
27 November 2006
WFP has heralded Poland’s largest single donation of US $1 million to its operations in Afghanistan, Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Georgia and Tanzania.
1 September 2006
With several of its refugee operations threatened by severe funding difficulties earlier this year, WFP has welcomed a cash donation of US$11.5 million from the US government’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
17 May 2006
Walk the World fever is sweeping Tanzania as thousands of people gear up for a five-kilometre charity walk in seven cities and towns around the country, ahead of Sunday's global march against child hunger.
13 March 2006
16 December 2005
WFP welcomes an aid package totalling JPY 940 million (US$7.9 million) from the Japanese Government to assist millions of people affected by conflict and natural disasters in a total of five countries in Africa.
- UN-backed team celebrates International Women’s Day atop Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- All-female team of climbers set to climb Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Tanzania's nutritional status under spotlight Source: IPP Media - The Guardian
- Combating poverty through school meals Source: IPP Media / The Guardian (Tanzania)