6 April 2009
Flora Mloli is 26 and a tiny wisp of a woman. Her two-year-old daughter Neema clings to her, as if her life depended on it. And perhaps it does – Neema grabs for her mother’s breast every few seconds.
31 August 2007
WFP hs welcomed major US government contributions for August totaling US$69 million, aimed at feeding people in seven countries confronting humanitarian challenges ranging from severe drought to civil conflict.
31 July 2007
The Honourable Josée Verner, Minister of International Cooperation and Minister for La Francophonie and Official Languages today announced that Canada will provide CAD$125 million to the WFP over the next five years for food programs for children in African schools.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
4 June 2007
WFP today welcomed a €5 million contribution from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO) that has staved off new cuts in rations for 273,000 refugees in Tanzanian camps.
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
27 November 2006
WFP has heralded Poland’s largest single donation of US $1 million to its operations in Afghanistan, Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Georgia and Tanzania.
1 September 2006
With several of its refugee operations threatened by severe funding difficulties earlier this year, WFP has welcomed a cash donation of US$11.5 million from the US government’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
- UN-backed team celebrates International Women’s Day atop Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- All-female team of climbers set to climb Mount Kilimanjaro Source: UN News Centre
- Tanzania's nutritional status under spotlight Source: IPP Media - The Guardian
- Combating poverty through school meals Source: IPP Media / The Guardian (Tanzania)
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women