Young Tunisian men and women busy planting cactus that helps rehabilitate and protect the land from erosion and degradation. Copyright: WFP/Reem Nada
In rural central and western Tunisia many families struggle to put food on the table every day. As many as 78 percent of the population can barely afford to produce or buy their food. With climate change making its fierce mark on the area, WFP and the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) designed a joint project to assist small-scale farmers and help them establish small agricultural businesses.
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 12 March 2013 FAO & WFP Help Build A Future For Rural Tunisians
- 7 March 2013 Helping Rural Communities In Tunisia
- 30 August 2011 WFP Responds To Urgent Humanitarian Needs In Libya
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan
- 22 March 2011 Hot meals at Tunisian-Libyan border