22 June 2011
Through a new initiative in the desolate Karamoja region, WFP is helping protect young children from stunting so they can reach their full potential.
29 April 2011
In a bid to help end vulnerability in the impoverished Karamoja region, WFP is investing more in support of livelihoods.
8 April 2011
Through its Feed the Future initiative, the United States is providing support to a region with chronic food shortages and life-threatening malnutriton.
2 April 2011
The number of hungry people in the Horn of Africa is growing and WFP aims to assist 5.2 million people as drought, rising food and fuel prices and conflict take their toll. More and more people need help in the Horn and we’re now on high alert over the impact of the March to May long rains.
12 January 2011
Amount of locally-produced grain bought by WFP continues to rise - and Ugandan smallholders continue to benefit
11 January 2011
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed the largest ever, one-off donation from the Government of Japan, amounting to US$ 196.6 million. The donation will be used to provide urgently needed food and nutritional assistance to millions of the most vulnerable people in 20 countries in Asia and Africa and will also support logistics operations in eight countries where WFP is working.
13 September 2010
As funds run out a successful livelihoods programme faces an uncertain future in Karamoja.
26 August 2010
A new Japanese donation promises to help WFP save lives and support livelihoods in the Karamoja region.
23 August 2010
Under WFP's new corporate strategy that prioritises nutrition in a bid to find more lasting solutions to hunger, this year record amounts will be spent in Uganda.
27 July 2010
Many leaders at the African Union summit in Uganda are leading the way in bringing new energy and commitment to tackling hunger and malnutrition. And the African Union has declared its intent to build an Africa that ends hunger and empowers the continent to both feed itself, and ultimately to help feed the world.
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- Increased food prices: 8m Ugandans sleeping hungry Source: New Vision
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers
- 18 June 2013 The Cost Of Hunger In Africa