8 July 2011
WFP Spokesman, David Orr, on his return from Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya this week: “I met Somali women and children who had walked for weeks to reach the safety of refugee camps in Kenya.
8 July 2011
From mega-emergencies, such as the earthquake in Haiti or the floods in Pakistan, to headline-grabbing humanitarian crises, such as the conflicts in Cote d’Ivoire or Libya, the international community has stepped up to help those impacted by disaster and tragedy over the last few years.
29 June 2011
Desperate hunger is looming across the Horn of Africa and threatening the lives of millions who are struggling to survive in the face of rising food prices and conflict.
22 June 2011
Through a new initiative in the desolate Karamoja region, WFP is helping protect young children from stunting so they can reach their full potential.
29 April 2011
In a bid to help end vulnerability in the impoverished Karamoja region, WFP is investing more in support of livelihoods.
8 April 2011
Through its Feed the Future initiative, the United States is providing support to a region with chronic food shortages and life-threatening malnutriton.
2 April 2011
The number of hungry people in the Horn of Africa is growing and WFP aims to assist 5.2 million people as drought, rising food and fuel prices and conflict take their toll. More and more people need help in the Horn and we’re now on high alert over the impact of the March to May long rains.
12 January 2011
Amount of locally-produced grain bought by WFP continues to rise - and Ugandan smallholders continue to benefit
11 January 2011
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed the largest ever, one-off donation from the Government of Japan, amounting to US$ 196.6 million. The donation will be used to provide urgently needed food and nutritional assistance to millions of the most vulnerable people in 20 countries in Asia and Africa and will also support logistics operations in eight countries where WFP is working.
13 September 2010
As funds run out a successful livelihoods programme faces an uncertain future in Karamoja.
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers