18 March 2004
Kampala - The wanton violence and killing in northern Uganda that has created one of Africa\'s largest displaced populations must end, says WFP Deputy Executive Director, Sheila Sisulu. She made the call, after visiting a displaced camp in Uganda\'s beleaguered north.
26 February 2004
Nairobi WFP starts to distribute food assistance to the survivors of a massacre that took place on Saturday night, 21 February. Lord\'s Resistance Army (LRA) rebels attacked and burned Barlonyo camp for displaced people in Lira District, Langi Sub-region, in northern Uganda.
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- Increased food prices: 8m Ugandans sleeping hungry Source: New Vision