22 February 2012
Kapchorwa's first modern warehouse brings hope of prosperity to smallholders in the eastern Uganda region.
17 January 2012
An initiative in which WFP works directly with the Government of Uganda in Karamoja has generated assets that promise to boost incomes and food security while increasing badly needed access to social services.
17 May 2011
Actute malnutrition is above alert level in parts of the Karamoja region. However, a new outreach programme is helping WFP assist more affected families with nutritious supplements and education.
30 March 2011
Officials from the Government of Uganda say P4P offers new and exciting tools to fight hunger and poverty in rural households.
30 March 2011
Smallholder farmer groups in northern Uganda have started to see the benefits of Purchase for Progress. In a region that was until recently a battleground, there is now an opportunity for formerly displaced persons to gain greater and more direct benefit from their produce.
1 March 2011
Would-be PhD student Matteo Caravani instead chose to begin a life in the most impoverished part of Uganda. However, he has found happiness amidst challenges and amusing traditions, as well as being part of a new thing that WFP is doing.
28 January 2011
For decades, the Karamoja region has suffered isolation, droughts, gun violence and more. With the largest and longest presence of any humanitarian agency, WFP has been there, filling gaps and working towards ending hunger.
24 January 2011
Hunger ambassador KC Concepcion’s first ever visit to Africa took her to the heart of the continent, in Uganda, where she saw deep deprivation but also places of plenty. In everything, she found beauty, smiles and possible solutions to hunger.
13 January 2011
Gramsen Wambuzi wears a simple, loose-fitting cotton shirt and, unlike many Ugandans nowadays, does not own a cell phone. However, he lives a comfortable life with an apparently secure future, thanks to WFP's support through Purchase for Progress.
6 December 2010
In response to a WFP appeal to donors to provide emergency relief assistance for refugees, Belgium made a generous contribution in Uganda this year. Last week the Belgian ambassador visited Nakivale refugee settlement to see WFP distribute the last rations bought with the donation.
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers