19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
11 May 2007
WFP has welcomed a €5 million donation from the European Commission's Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO) and said it and other contributions would allow rations for 1.28 million displaced people in Uganda to be restored to normal levels.
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
27 November 2006
Italian fashion group Benetton made a 100,000 euro donation to WFP to mark its 40th anniversary in October. School children in Uganda, whose schools will benefit from the money, drew these pictures and wrote these stories about their violent lives for Benetton's 'Colors' magazine.
13 October 2006
Ugandans take up fishing in a WFP food for assets project. WFP spokesperson, Lydia Wamala, looks at how participants increase their income while having a good supply of fish for their families' dinners.
28 July 2006
WFP today welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$17.3 million (JPY 2.01 billion) to assist the people of four African countries that are currently ravaged by conflict or drought.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
5 May 2006
A rescue team today identified aircraft wreckage high up in Uganda’s Rwenzori Mountains as the remains of a WFP-chartered light plane missing for a week and found three bodies at the crash site, WFP and a South Africa-based operator said.
8 December 2005
A fish-farming project set up in Uganda under WFP's Food for Assets programme has provided poor communities with a source of income - as well as fish. This article by Peter Nyanzi was first published on the website of The Monitor newspaper.
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers
- 18 June 2013 The Cost Of Hunger In Africa