13 October 2006
Ugandans take up fishing in a WFP food for assets project. WFP spokesperson, Lydia Wamala, looks at how participants increase their income while having a good supply of fish for their families' dinners.
28 July 2006
WFP today welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$17.3 million (JPY 2.01 billion) to assist the people of four African countries that are currently ravaged by conflict or drought.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
5 May 2006
A rescue team today identified aircraft wreckage high up in Uganda’s Rwenzori Mountains as the remains of a WFP-chartered light plane missing for a week and found three bodies at the crash site, WFP and a South Africa-based operator said.
8 December 2005
A fish-farming project set up in Uganda under WFP's Food for Assets programme has provided poor communities with a source of income - as well as fish. This article by Peter Nyanzi was first published on the website of The Monitor newspaper.
7 September 2005
In a part of Uganda where drought is the norm, WFP is trying to provide meals for the people of Karamoja, writes Peter Nyanzi in an article first published in the Daily Monitor newspaper.
5 September 2005
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- 5 March 2015 Purchase For Progress In Uganda
- 1 October 2014 South Sudan: WFP Delivers Food for Refugees in Uganda