5 May 2006
A rescue team today identified aircraft wreckage high up in Uganda’s Rwenzori Mountains as the remains of a WFP-chartered light plane missing for a week and found three bodies at the crash site, WFP and a South Africa-based operator said.
8 December 2005
A fish-farming project set up in Uganda under WFP's Food for Assets programme has provided poor communities with a source of income - as well as fish. This article by Peter Nyanzi was first published on the website of The Monitor newspaper.
7 September 2005
In a part of Uganda where drought is the norm, WFP is trying to provide meals for the people of Karamoja, writes Peter Nyanzi in an article first published in the Daily Monitor newspaper.
5 September 2005
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers