Palu (left), Safi and Safi's children. Below: Furaha and her children, and Palu in the registration line after his meal.
Copyright: WFP/Lydia Wamala
When three Congolese asylum seekers arrive at a transit camp in Uganda, first things come first. At the transit camp and beyond, for as long as asylum seekers and refugees are not able to provide for themselves, WFP support remains important.
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers
- 18 June 2013 The Cost Of Hunger In Africa
- 6 March 2013 WFP Assists New Congolese Refugees In Uganda
- 20 December 2012 Japan Enables WFP Reach New Congolese Refugees
- 13 December 2012 WFP and Renault Trucks Together on a Road Trip
- 5 December 2012 In Uganda, Finding Strength in Numbers
- 8 November 2012 Harvesting a Better Future in Northern Uganda
- 3 August 2012 From the front line of the emergency in Eastern Congo