23 January 2007
WFP has welcomed a US$1.3 million donation from India to WFP’s Iraq operation, which assists 3.8 million people, more than half of whom are children.
12 September 2006
A senior official of WFP has met with officials of the Government of India, lauding the increasing and important role that India plays in assuring food security for South Asia, and in particular Afghanistan.
6 April 2005
In an article first published in the Baseline magazine, John McCormick explains how WFP had technology on the ground within 48 hours to help rush food to the victims of Asia's tsunami.
31 January 2005
The following letter was published in full by the Financial Times, with an excerpt printed in The Economist on Feb 3.
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- E-vouchers for Food Security
- Community-Level Micronutrient Fortification of School Lunch Meals Improved Vitamin A, Folate, and Iron Status of Schoolchildren in Himalayan Villages of India
- WFP India: Targeted Public Distribution System
- WFP India: Improving Child Nutrition Through Rice Fortification In Gajapati
- 16 December 2013 World Food Programme innovating with India
- 10 December 2013 WFP Executive Director Boosts Fight Against Hunger In India
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29